Headroom from the internet.

Jun 28, 2014
Oday 25 Arkansas
There are lots of threads on headroom, mentions of headroom in discussions of individual boats, but as far as I know, no published lists of headroom data as a statistic for yacht models.
Definitely not on Sailboatdata.com.
Any resources known to you taller folks?
Another lacking item on that list as far as I am concerned is a quick reference for deck and hull construction- solid, core, balsa, foam, et c. on the older boats. Plenty of good books out there that mentioned the small numbers of author's favorites, best for cruising etc. These usually include such data. For us newbies cruising eBay, etc. for a wish list and looking at things from afar (Arkansas is usually about as far as you get) such data is difficult to assimilate, and just found usually only on model specific sites.
I don't know who put together sailboatdata.com, but it sounds like a request to them might be in order, or an opportunity for someone else to set up a good sponsored site.
Thanks for any tips.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Slim,
Best source for info such as that is this site.

BTW, you 25 has a solid fiberglass hull. Deck is cored with balsa. Might be plywood core under mast. I know there is under the winches. I'm also told there is under the stanchions and pulpit mounts.

TLW

Jan 15, 2013
Oday 31 Whitehall, MI
Best sources for headroom measurement are the brochure or manual. Some available here, or Iheartoday.

TLW

Jan 15, 2013
Oday 31 Whitehall, MI
The brochure indicates headroom of 5'6" on the O'day 25.

Found the brochure at slideshare.net

Jun 28, 2014
Oday 25 Arkansas
Thanks for the heads up, bump-bump. I'm 6' 2 1/2", but if I crouch I can move in it. Funny some have claimed 6 feet on this little boat. Maybe they were standing in the bilge ;-)
A recent poster working in Florida outlined his rebedding of the mast step area and resetting of the pulled chainplate with great pictures. He had quite a hole on the port deck. I didn't know that about the winches and stanchions, but would have assumed so. In winter, this deck was more noisy, but it has quieted down in summer except some little creaks over the main cabin, which have been described as normal due to pressure and flex over the bulkhead.
Fingers crossed, but I think my deck is fairly solid due to indoor winter storage on the Great Lakes. Sure made a lot of Rice Krispie noises this colder winter before I got it under a roof, though, and had some slight flex when I walked next to the coach house. I will get around to pulling the stanchion bases and checking, but the horse may be out of the barn in some areas. Everything feels pretty solid, and they thought have enough to upholster, paint, repower, and rewire. I'm sure I will be finding a few things, for a 37 year old boat. Rebedding and teak work, fresher sail and halyards, Dyneema lifelines, maybe eventually moving one of the Harken 6's to the cabin top, and bedding in Lewmar 7s that I picked up cheaply for the genoa sheet. Would that be a good idea, given the absence of a functional CB? The PO spent a lot on this boat, I hope not to match that.
Thank you for the replies.