Headliner falling down

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul

I have just bought a Beneteau First 375 in Fort Lauderdale which is in need of much TLC. One of the areas needing attention is the headliner which is falling down or has been completely removed by the previous owner and not replaced. I am aware that there were problems with the headliner in the first few years of its production in the US. However, I don't know if there was an official line from Beneteau, as this is in theory a defect on their part. Does anyone know if this would be covered by Beneteau anymore and if not is there an official line as to how best repair this? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I am subcontracting this job as I write this and I don't really have any experience with the guy. I would rather the right way than the easy way! You can reply to pholding@hotmail.com. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

C

Capt. Marc

Headliners...:{

The bane of Beneteau owners! Check the archives, you will see several hits over the past years with different solutions. I took my rear cabin headliner down and have not decided how to finish it. Right now the bare fiberglass gives it a "Decorated by Bin Laden" look. I've seen boats where the inside was painted and will probably go that route. there has not been any response from Beneteau to my knowledge, My boat is 10 years old, but if yours is newer, maybe there is a warranty solution. Good luck, Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.