Head Sea Water Intake and Shower / Refrig Pump Out

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Hull #48 (2001): There are two thru hulls in the head compartment. One for head intake and one for overboard discharge from macerator. My reefer and shower sump pump go to a Y valve and then discharge through a separate through hull under the galley sink - but not the sink thru-hull.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
So yes @Peggie Hall HeadMistress , they seem to be either like what I described or what Curt described on C310s. My pump and y valve is under the head sink, so if it makes since I would change the discharge from this y valve to the head sink. This be above the waterline so I guess the bad is that soap might come out and down the side.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
So yes @Peggie Hall HeadMistress , they seem to be either like what I described or what Curt described on C310s. My pump and y valve is under the head sink, so if it makes since I would change the discharge from this y valve to the head sink. This be above the waterline so I guess the bad is that soap might come out and down the side.
Are you saying your head sink drain thru hull is above the waterline?

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Hull #48 (2001): There are two thru hulls in the head compartment. One for head intake and one for overboard discharge from macerator. My reefer and shower sump pump go to a Y valve and then discharge through a separate through hull under the galley sink - but not the sink thru-hull.
Where does your head sink drain to?

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
:plus:My only through hull fittings above the waterline are the anchor locker and the exhaust drains, and the propane locker drains.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Where does your head sink drain to?
Through hull under the head sink. I have the following through-hulls: raw water intake for engine (under aft berth), raw water intake for head (in head, under lazerette), macerator out (in head same place), head sink drain (under that sink), galley sink drain (under that sink) refrigerator/shower sump drain (from Y valve, under galley sink). Not including the speed and depth devices in the v-berth, exhaust out (starboard aft), and bilge pump out (port aft way above water line).

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Ya know what, maybe I have this wrong? I know the drain is thru the side of the hull and I thought this was above the waterline but now I can't remember. I guess it might be slightly below the water line on the side but not at the bottom like the current setup is.

Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
Through hull under the head sink. I have the following through-hulls: raw water intake for engine (under aft berth), raw water intake for head (in head, under lazerette), macerator out (in head same place), head sink drain (under that sink), galley sink drain (under that sink) refrigerator/shower sump drain (from Y valve, under galley sink). Not including the speed and depth devices in the v-berth, exhaust out (starboard aft), and bilge pump out (port aft way above water line).
that is how my hull #112 is set up.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hull #160, 2001, same as post above. Except no macerator.
Cheers
dj