Head occasionally bubbles and won’t flush when stuck with a #2

Feb 16, 2021
Hunter Legend 35.5 Bellingham
I’ve been having this issue intermittently. I have a Raritan PH2. It normally flushes everything down just fine, but occasionally an especially hard #2 seems to block things, and then it won’t flush down unless we let it soak for as long as a day and even them it requires some coaxing. When flushing during one of these episodes, bubbles will come up in the bowl when flushing. The toilet seems to otherwise work just fine - this only happens occasionally.
What is causing this? Any way I can fix it?

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Yup, Peggy. She knows the PH II.

The hoses could be clogged with scale. There could be a kink in the hose. The joker valve could be old. All kidding aside, more fiber could help in two ways. flushing in two stages can help. And use enough water--there should be some in the bowl when you start. And of course, TP that actually dissolves (test by soaking in a small bowl for a few minutes--it should disintegrate) in a moder ate amount. In more TP is needed, try flushing in two stages.

TMI, I am sure.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
The lack of fiber in your diet is creating the "unflushable poo" ...your failure to add water to the bowl ahead of flushing it is the main reason it can't make it through the pump and down the toilet discharge line. There's a reason why there's always water in the bowl at home: because it's needed for solids deposits.

The Raritan PHII isn't designed to bring in water and hold it--no manual toilet is, so you'll have to use a beer cup from the sink, your joker valve will have to be in excellent condition to prevent the water from running out as fast as it comes in, and you'll still have to add it immediately before flushing.

Even after/if you add the fiber to your diet that'll soften your poop, you'll still want to add water to the bowl ahead of use 'cuz that'll leave you with a much cleaner bowl that needs a lot less pumping to erase any skid marks.

--Peggie