Head Discharge Hose Rerouting

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Going to replace the current manual Jabsco with a Raritan SeaEra QC head sea water on my B311 and thinking about rerouting the new hoses. Never saw a head routing diagram for the B311 but stole the drawing from previous thread and made a couple of changes to the drawing to describe how it is currently. This is an above the sea level head.
Next is a crude diagram of the changes I'm thinking of making. Basically from the head macerator it goes straight to the holding tank, which is on the wall way above the head. From the discharge of the holding tank I can either discharge the tank to the ocean by gravity once I'm offshore or pump out while at a marina.
Does anyone see any issues with this arrangement?
Thank you so much.

B311 Head.png
B311 Head proposed.png

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
If you're going with a sea water version of the SeaEra (great choice, btw) I'd go with the plain ol' SeaEra instead of the QC 'cuz you can get the "conversion kit" (everything but the bowl, seat and lid) for about half the price of the complete toilet. Your Jabsco bowl WILL fit it. Adding the optional "momentary flush" to either one provides you with 3 flush options: bring in water and hold it ahead of use, dry flush, and full flush (water in, bowl contents out simultaneously.

As for your proposed installation...The tank vent needs to be a straight line (no arch)...and I'd put a second discharge fitting int the top of the tank with a pickup tube inside the tank for the pumpout line instead of whatever it is you're trying to do from the discharge fitting on the bottom of the tank. I'm guessing that the thru-hull labeled "toilet discharge" is actually the TANK discharge thru-hull. If so, that line needs to be straight from the tank to it.

We can discuss in detail if you'd like to send me a PM.

-Peggie