Have Ye Ever Wished To Be a Pirate?

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
It seems she is not. Last I heard she was still hailing out of Australia but I just found this on Wikipedia

A second Bounty replica, named HMAV Bounty, was built in New Zealand in 1979 and used in the 1984 film The Bounty. The hull is constructed of welded steel oversheathed with timber. For many years she served the tourist excursion market from Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia, before being sold to HKR International Limited in October 2007. She was then a tourist attraction (also used for charter, excursions and sail training) based in Discovery Bay, on Lantau Island in Hong Kong, and was given an additional Chinese name 濟民號.[21] She was decommissioned on the 1st of August, 2017. [22] The company has not disclosed the ship's fate.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Tom, have you got a picture or two of your activities? It sounds like a lot of fun.
My wife and I go fossil hunting in Florida on occasion and I've been wanting to do some sharks tooth diving off Venice Beach. Sifting sand for treasure.
View attachment 174193
All day all night with Marianne, down by the seashore, she's sifting sand...

-Will (Dragonfly)
Our trip to the Dominican Republic was exciting, but also a lot of hard work. One picture here shows the actual dredging , and another shows my brother-in-law Mike after he had handled the dredge. "Sleeping Camel Mountain" wasn't far from our dive site. Finally, the Aquaquest tied up near the Hog Fish Cafe on Stock Island, in the Florida Keys, on the way home, a bit worse for wear.
DSCN9663_006_006.jpg
DSCN9662_005_005.jpg
DSCN9691_030_030.jpg
DSCN1156.jpg