hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry

I have a 1975 H30. I do not have a hatch between the mast and the companionway and want to install one. Has anyone done this? Will I lose strength on the cabin top if I put the hatch there. I notice the newer H30's have this . Hatch size will be 17 x 17. thank you ahead of time Barry

P

Pat Taylor

Mine has a hatch

Hi Barry, I also have a 75 Hunter 30. It has a hatch between the mast and the campanionway about the size of the one you want to put in. I am guessing that this hatch was put in many years ago. The cabin top seems quite firm in the area of the hatch. Any questions I can be contacted at ptaylor@ptd.net. Good luck on your installation. Pat Taylor

C

Cecil

Mine Too!

Hi Barry, My 75 H30 has a hatch amidship just aft of the mast, the deck is balsa cored 3/8-1/2 Very strongly built, don`t think there will be any problems with your plans. My e mail address is ctiller@net-change.com , would enjoy "talking" about our Hunters , Later cecil

P

Pat McCartin

Hatch install

Hey, When you make the cut for the new hatch, be shure to seal the sides of the hole. Pat McCartin 1979 H30

Status
Not open for further replies.