Hatch Match H-27-1978

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Howard

One day the Jib had a disagreement with my hatch on my 1978 H-27. It seems that the while filled with a little wind and comming about, I forgot that the hatch was open. The hatch didn't like being forgotten so it stood proud and tall. The moral of the story is hatch noes no fury that the jib when scorned. Needless to say the jib did a job on the hatch including the hinges and dogs. The hatch was made by GRAY instusterys now Beckton who no longer makes the same size. Any suggestions out there on how to mix this one ?

J

Jack Laird

Source for Gray hatch parts

www.pompanette.com This outfit will send a complete list of all the hatches they sell. Must be something that fits. Also old gray stuff. Fits my Hunter 27 from 1979.

L

Len O'Connor

Check JSI

Check JSI, they seem to be able to get the old Grey parts through Bomar at reasonably good prices.

J

Jim Rice

Perpetual Forum Query

Bomar bought Grey, and was bought in turn by P., their present owner. They'll tool up to make a new replacement hatch for the old H27 forehatch--at a cool $400+ per hatch (with some minimum number of orders). The old hatch is no longer in production (as of about 6 months ago--if not, let the HOW site know). It is a perpetual query on HOW for hatch replacements. Perhaps a current square hatch will fit the opening, but the opening is oblong like the hatch. If you come up with a solution (outside of building a cool new wooden hatch), let all of us H27 owners know. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.