Hatch frames (interior)

Ciao

May 14, 2020
Hunter Passage 42 Alamitos Bay/Long Beach, CA
Hi there -

Where can I find replacement "frames" (not sure if this is the proper term) for hatches? I have a '97 Hunter Passage 42. I just replaced my hatch lenses and I now want the interior frames to look good - not the dicolored plastic. I'm also open to custom framing ideas (wood etc). The picture shows my large aft hatch and, due to its old and britle state, it cracked in a couple places as can be seen in the photo.

Thank you!!

John

IMG_2728.jpg

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
I took mine off and painted them. They look great. Found some spray can paint that pretty much matched the interior.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Also learned you can clean those brown spots on your ceiling with windex and a scrubby pad. Comes right off.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I bet you could send the original to @Will Gilmore and he will send you back a wooden one with some wickedly bad-assed art burned into the frame. I have one of his pieces hanging in my office.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I bet you could send the original to @Will Gilmore and he will send you back a wooden one with some wickedly bad-assed art burned into the frame. I have one of his pieces hanging in my office.
That, of course, would be one option. I'm guessing he would want it faster than I could get it back to him, but it would look awesome ;).

-Will (Dragonfly)

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Like Sailgunner, I took mine off and painted them with plastic compatible paint. I fixed several cracks using just a bit of Kitty Hair. After painting, they look like new.

Ciao

May 14, 2020
Hunter Passage 42 Alamitos Bay/Long Beach, CA
Thanks for all the input. I'm going to try to glue (as needed) and paint them. Has anyone painted them brown or a color similar to the wood throughout the boat? Not sure if that wouls look good or not as an accent. Or else just match the headliner shell.