Has anyone taken apart one of these lights?

Dec 4, 2017
Hunter 466 Seattle
This is on a new to me, 2002 466. I only get 6v and I can't seem to figure out how to get it apart to check the wiring. I don't want to force it and end up breaking it.
IMG_20200628_164708.jpg

Thanks!
Jim

Dec 4, 2017
Hunter 466 Seattle
As a follow up for this, since they no longer make these fixtures if one stops working, it's probably the switch as there's not much to them. They can be found on Amazon. Easy swap out. R19a was the model of the old one. Now I've got some spares.

Screenshot_20200715-163833_copy_1419x1604.png

Also, I'm going to bet that the 3 non-working puck style lights I replaced only needed new switches rather than the whole fixture. I'll add tracking them down to my list... Like way down at the bottom.

Dec 4, 2017
Hunter 466 Seattle
I just did a google search for "Mini Toggle Switches SPDT" and found a bunch of possibilities, but I don't have one in front of me, nor have I replaced and tested one. I do need a couple replacement ones though, so if you beat me to that project, let us know what you used.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
I think they have those lights with the switch on this site. give them a call.

Nov 1, 2009
Hunter 466 San Diego, CA
I think they have those lights with the switch on this site. give them a call.
Not that I have found on 44AC, 46, 456, 466, but I'll drop a note to Joe to see if they have a source.

And yes, flipping the switches back and forth a bunch helps temporarily. I've even taken the switch
apart and tried to resurface the contacts with less than stellar results.

Feb 23, 2018
Hunter 356 Marseille
i found several problems with these lights:
the led bulbs are intermittent;
the wiring bullet connecteurs needed cleaning.
the toggle switches were actually fine.

Dec 4, 2017
Hunter 466 Seattle
i found several problems with these lights:
the led bulbs are intermittent;
the wiring bullet connecteurs needed cleaning.
the toggle switches were actually fine.
Are you talking about the puck-style ones or the spotlight style? I haven't found any bullet connectors, only crimped butt joints. I figured the issue was either the socket for the bulb or the switch. Replacing the switches fixed the spotlights that weren't working for me. I have these on order, so we will see how they work to fix my issue with the puck-lights as they look like a direct replacement.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2009
Hunter 466 San Diego, CA
Looks like a good fit. Any update on installation?

Are you talking about the puck-style ones or the spotlight style? I haven't found any bullet connectors, only crimped butt joints. I figured the issue was either the socket for the bulb or the switch. Replacing the switches fixed the spotlights that weren't working for me. I have these on order, so we will see how they work to fix my issue with the puck-lights as they look like a direct replacement.

View attachment 187413

Nov 1, 2009
Hunter 466 San Diego, CA
i think these are still too big. i measure the barrel at 4mm on the existing switch and the spec on these is 6mm. no luck finding smaller ones yet but will keep looking.

Yes, the ones above were too big, the ones here are the right size, but I haven't got it actually replaced yet.

Dec 4, 2017
Hunter 466 Seattle
Yes, the ones above were too big, the ones here are the right size, but I haven't got it actually replaced yet.
I forgot to update this, these are the correct switches and work flawlessly. I've replaced quite a few of mine that stopped working. Way better than buying the entire fixture for a simple switch. Some fiddly soldering is required.

Amazon search for:
DIYhz 10Pcs AC 250V/1.5A 120V/3A ON/ON 2 Position 3 Pin SPDT Mini Micro Toggle Switch

The main body size is listed as 8x5mm