Has anyone found a wireless camera that can connect to a RAYMARINE Axiom?

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Surely someone must have been clever enough to work out how to get a low cost IR security camera of IP6 or above to connect to a Raymarine MFD?? I really want to be able to put a camera under my bowsprit seat so i can have a cleaer vie when sailing in close quarters with genoa out.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You will need to match the Axiom and Camera. Axiom Pro is needed to connect an analog camera. You will need. Lighthouse3.1 or newer software. A IP capable camera and the use of the Video APP on your Axiom.
Page 259 of the manual is a good place to start. Box

ger123

Nov 25, 2016
Hunter 340 Pula
Hello! I have installed a Dahua HDW-1120S and it worked well after set special IP settings. But after a Firmware-upgrade last year the axiom can't find the cam.
Maybe i have to set new IP settings on the Dahua but i have to climb the mast again to reset to open and the cam (reset button inside - or i make a firmware downgrade).

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
The title of your thread mentions wireless so that implies your camera will not have power continually supplied, ie battery only. Perhaps your intention is to wire the camera but have the feed be wireless??

Have you considered using something like a GoPro to accomplish your goal?

eianm

Jul 7, 2010
Hunter 42 Sydney
Hunter216- i intend to connect 12v power and want to connect via wifi to the axiom- the idea is twofold;
1) in daylight- sailing in close quarters i would love better forward vision ( the genoa limits visibility)
2) at night it would be useful to have infra red vision, although i understand distance will be limited to some 60 odd feet

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Interesting project. I can’t help with the connection to your on-board display but I could offer a few thoughts.

It might be worth a trial run with a GoPro or some other brand of waterproof sports camera (perhaps borrow one) to determine what view your likely to achieve. The motion of the boat might require a gimbal or some type of image stabilization or you might get a bit nauseous from watching for any length of time.

I did a quick Google and found this camera. I have no idea if it really does what it claims but the videos are compelling.

A forum participant who has quite a bit of on-board camera posts is @Bill19233 who might be able to provide some insight.