Hard starting. Any suggestions?

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
A retired man sits around the house all day so one day his wife says, "Joe, you could do something useful, like vacuum the house once a week."

The husband gives it a moment’s thought and says, "Sure, why not? Show me to the vacuum".

Half an hour later, the man comes into the kitchen to get some coffee.

His wife says, "I didn't hear the vacuum working. I thought you were using it."

Exasperated, Joe answers, "The stupid thing is broken; it won't start. We need to buy a new one."

"Really", she says. "Show me. It worked fine the last time."

So he did. See the results here.
https://videos.files.wordpress.com/Xblfe4qf/retired-vacum-cleaner_dvd.mp4

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
My admiral suggests updating the husband...keep the vacuum cleaner!

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
I discovered years ago that some tasks are better left to our resident experts. Married 41 years and still get out of laundry. You don't want to know some things.

Ken

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
No laundry duties, I found, can be accomplished by washing her delicate things on the heavy duty cycle. And by buying the washer dryer set she wants. So far 43 years of no laundry duty.

I do occasionally offer to take the clean cloths back up stairs. It keeps the home front running smoothly.

Aug 21, 2006
Pearson 367 Alexandria, VA
I love it - 27 years ago as newbie husband I offered to help with the laundry. After sorting the cloths for washing into two piles his & hers Each stack included darks, reds, colors, & white mixed together, As result of this act, to this day I am not allowed in the laundry room except to change lights bulbs - damn.

Management by Incompetence

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Maybe I was just lucky David. It worked. I suspect she will buy new clothes any way. At least now she controls her new clothes. :biggrin: