HAPS Musings

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Good day all,

Well was this a glorious weekend or what? I hope some of you were able to enjoy time on the water with your favorite boat. Ruth and I spent the weekend at the Tacoma Yacht Club and participated in the annual Daffodil Parade. As the Rear Commodore of Bremerton Yacht Club, Ruth and I had the pleasure of manning the rail with my fellow bridge officers in white hat, blue blazer and white pants. We saluted the Tacoma Yacht Club reviewing boat and proceeded down the route to the Thea Foss Waterway. En route we saw a "Wounded Warrior" boat with member sof the Armed forces in uniform on the boat. I directed our crew to "form up". I gave the command, "Hand Salute". The wounded warriors formed up and returned our salute. I gave the command, "Ready, two" and we dropped our salute. We felt we had done the right thing.

This was our first time to Tacoma YC and our first time in the "Foss Waterway". I was particularly interested in the tour as our first rendezvous will be there May 30-June 1. Greg and Maggie MacGuire hosting. Looks like there is plenty to do there.

On another note one of our members, Rich Hunt has made the difficult decision to sell his 42' Passage, Shiloh. Look for Shiloh at Gig Harbor Yacht Sales. Shiloh is a wonderful boat.

Ruth and I also plan to participate in this year's Opening Day festivities. We have owned boats here for 19 years but never been able to attend this grand event. Hopefully we will see some of you there.

Don't forget about the Leukemia Cup Donation...contact Bob or Kris Riddenour.

Look forward to seeing a grand turnout the end of May.

Cheers,

Mike and Ruth Murray
HAPS Fleet Co-Captains 2013-2014