Happy New Year PNW Cruisers!

Sep 25, 2008
Sunstar 28 Sidney, BC
So it looks like we have a forum that attaches itself to our social group! Who knew? Well I didn't anyway :D
I guess if and when we post messages that have some lasting interest or may generate some discussion it would be best to use the forum since the archiving ability of the forum is much greater than that of the message area. I had noticed in the past that the message area only would carry the last 10 messages and at one point we had enough activity that messages were dissappearing after a week or two because they were being bumped by the more recent messages.

Presumably, messages in the forum threads will hang around much longer.

Sep 25, 2008
Sunstar 28 Sidney, BC
Further to this new forum that belongs to our social group:

Heh, heh, So there is a trick to this, however...

That is, it appears that the most recent messages posted to threads in the 'Forum' part of our social group show up on the main page of PNW Cruisers Social Group and right below that is the 'Social group messages' area with its attendant 'reply box'. So what will probably happen often is that someone will read one of the 'Forum' messages and reply to it in the reply box of the 'Social group messages' area where it will be posted and not attached to the thread of the 'Forum' part of the group. Oh well, I'm sure we'll learn to live with it :)
To post a reply to a message that is in the forum, (such as this one) you have to first enter the forum by clicking on the lower right of this message where it names the thread that it is part of. Clear as mud?
( I thought I would post these comments since I was confused about this at first and I might not be the only one :) )

bubba

Apr 16, 2009
Macgregor M with the super cruser package Richland
I think I get it. Were you here all along ?