Happy 246th Birthday, U.S. Navy!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Happy 246th US Navy! And thanks to all who have served in that service over the 246 years. For those interested the book Six Frigates by Ian W. Toll is a good history of the early Navy.

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
When I was in the Navy, I learned that the Marines sometimes referred to us as their "bus drivers".... !
That's OK, I never wanted to be sent/assigned "in country" and was rather fortunate not to be.

Being kind of tall, I would have been a target for a short guy with an AK47. (sigh...)

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I was over 6' tall so I joined the Coast Guard. :laugh: While you boys and girls were overseas we were here ah protecting... the homeland and your wives, husbands, boyfriends and girlfriends .... :beer: Go Navy.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
US Navy, providing transportation for the US Marines since 1775. Happy Birthday!

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Happy 246th US Navy! And thanks to all who have served in that service over the 246 years. For those interested the book Six Frigates by Ian W. Toll is a good history of the early Navy.
That is a fantastic read. I read it three times. He also wrote a trilogy on the Pacific war starting with "Pacific Crucible", "The Conquering Tide" and "Twilight of the Gods". Another fabulous book by the late James Hornfischer is "The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors".