HANK ON FRUSTRATION

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Wow, I'd forgotten I wrote about this. Since then I have purchased a very well made jib sail bag from Standout Yacht Fittings. It covers my sail while it's flaked and folded. It certainly makes life easier. I like the idea of having the hanks clipped to a line while stored below. I'm going to make a line out of a piece of life line with loops on each end to hold it in place inside the bag. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Jun 7, 2004
Coronado 35 Lake Grapevine, TX
Wow, I'd forgotten I wrote about this. Since then I have purchased a very well made jib sail bag from Standout Yacht Fittings. It covers my sail while it's flaked and folded. It certainly makes life easier. I like the idea of having the hanks clipped to a line while stored below. I'm going to make a line out of a piece of life line with loops on each end to hold it in place inside the bag. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
That was sort of our progression. We drug the sail out of the v-berth for months. Then noticed other boats in the marina with bags raised above the deck. Once we bought one, I decided the other two sails needed them too. Then the first time we pulled the smaller sail out after not using it for months, we found it doesn't take much for the hanks to get misaligned. A line through them lines them right back.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I'm going to make a line out of a piece of life line
You might want to use some water resistant line rather than life line wire. Coated wire might be low level steel. It might rust.

A length of 3/16th or 1/4” dyneema might be more serviceable. Water proof. Chafe resistant. Light in weight. No rust ever.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Yesterday I experimented with the sail bag holding the 150 stowed and had the 90 up. As the ninety has a top strap through the cringle and there is a the same at the tack, it worked perfectly. However, I am not sure that it would work the other way round when flying the 150 Genoa. The lower strap is way shorter. This is certainly making a difference in storage of sails whilst not underway.