H44DS Yanmar control panel plastic frame

May 28, 2012
Hunter 44DS Sidney, BC
H44DS-yanmar-ctrl-pnl-frame.jpeg

Anyone have a suggestion about where I might find a replacement plastic frame that holds the Yanmar control panel on a 2003 Hunter 44DS?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I can't imagine that part was custom made by Hunter.I would suggest looking on the web to places like this.
If I may, why do you feel you must replace the frame? Isit only the frame or the entire bezel? My lexan panel fits flush on the opening with no frame. It might be easier to design something similar.

May 28, 2012
Hunter 44DS Sidney, BC
The frame and the entire plastic moulding that covers the space behind the control panel is one moulded piece. The Yanmar control panel attaches to it. I had it removed recently to replace the fire control system head just aft of the panel - the plastic moulding was extracted in one piece but there is significant sun damage (the exposed part has become brittle) so I'm looking to replace the part.

Oct 1, 2007
The frame and the entire plastic moulding that covers the space behind the control panel is one moulded piece. The Yanmar control panel attaches to it. I had it removed recently to replace the fire control system head just aft of the panel - the plastic moulding was extracted in one piece but there is significant sun damage (the exposed part has become brittle) so I'm looking to replace the part.
Ok I understand. You may try Hunter Marlowe to see if they have a source for that part.

May 28, 2012
Hunter 44DS Sidney, BC
Thank you for the suggestions. No joy with Marlow Hunter via the local dealer here, but there are several good plastic fabrication places near Sidney, BC - I wanted to see if there was anything out there first before committing to the expense of getting a custom part built.

Oct 1, 2007
Thank you for the suggestions. No joy with Marlow Hunter via the local dealer here, but there are several good plastic fabrication places near Sidney, BC - I wanted to see if there was anything out there first before committing to the expense of getting a custom part built.
I took a quick look at Amazon under "marine instrument pods" and there was a lot of stuff in the general description of pod. There is an outfit called "Edge Products" that seems to make similar things to your need.Also it did occur to me that the part you need looks a lot like the back of a pod for mounting on the pedestal.Maybe something there?