H41ac standard novakool fridge and freezer condenser drains?

Dec 15, 2017
Hunter Legend 41AC Portsmouth
Hi all,

Do the standard fit novakool fridge and freezers (in a 41ac) have a drain for the condenser that may cause some fresh water to accumulate in the bilge?

Thanks

Lma

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I have the same units in my 44DS and I have never noticed any water accumulating in the bilge. The bilge is usually bone dry unless I spill something.

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
Hy Leemarkadams, if your fridge and freezer have with a door, they are probably not emptying to the bilge. If they have a horizontal panel that you have to lift for access underneath they most probably have a drain to the bilge.

Dec 15, 2017
Thanks and just wondering if the condensor behind the freezer is causing air to condensate on it and that is dripping into the bilge?

senang

Oct 21, 2009
hunter 38 Monaco
That is what you get with an AC, but it is not the condensor but the evaporator plate that now is in your fridge. The back of the fridge is where the heat goes that is being taken out of the fridge to cool down the food and beverages. The back of the fridge is always hot.

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
I have a 41DS and also have a wet bilge since I got the boat a few years ago. I did a salinity check and it is definitely free water. I was also wondering about drainage from the fridge/freezer but have never been able to identify the source of the water. Unfortunately I am a live aboard so do not have the ability to shut everything off for a month and check again, etc.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
The fridge and freezer are both non defrosting so there will not be a drain. The water, that people are seeing is most likely from running the Air Conditioning. Both pans dump to the bilge. On humid days you can really get a lot of condensent in the bilge.

Dec 15, 2017
After pulling the freezer out there was no condensation or water in that area and think I may have now narrowed it down to a possible leak in the port fresh water tank or the area between that and the fresh water manifold.