H41 AC & DS, Couch removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2012
Hunter 41AC Sassafras River, MD
Any Hunter 41 AC or DS owners have experience removing the couch, starboard side ahead of the nav station? Its the only part of the boat that was not inspected during survey and its the kind of job that needs to be finished before starting to put things back together for the season. Just wondering....

Jun 26, 2004
Hunter 41DS Reed Point Marina
Any Hunter 41 AC or DS owners have experience removing the couch, starboard side ahead of the nav station? Its the only part of the boat that was not inspected during survey and its the kind of job that needs to be finished before starting to put things back together for the season. Just wondering....
i removed our silverton couch and installed a proper salon settee for a sailboat. to disassemble the couch, pull drawer out completely. there are some wood screws that hold top and bottom together. Its also screwed to floor.
I found that the original couch did not allow for storage behind it along the hull wall . also i did not like the very large drawer in the couch. it is so large you cant get around it and is cumbersome to pull out. In the new settee i made two drawers with more storage than the huge one under the couch. works much better and looks like it belongs in a sailboat not in a power boat. also alot more comfortable for those mid day naps as the couch has big arms on it taking up most of the seating space. wish i had a pic for you .

Apr 25, 2012
Thank you for the information. It sounds like you are a talented woodworker and made you new unit, if you are interested in creating a second one, or if the replacement unit was available in the marketplace let me know! Thx again!

Jun 26, 2004
Hunter 41DS Reed Point Marina
It was not to difficult to do ( Iam experienced in Cabinet making ) Two boxes with drawers ply top and rest is done by upholstery shop. il try and take some pics this week..

Apr 25, 2012
Wow, very nice. Impressive storage gains behind the seat back as you mentioned. Thx again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.