H34 galley

Aug 12, 2019
Hunter 34 Wilson, ny
has anyone removed the panel in the galley above the fridge? the panel with the cutouts for storing dishes and glasses, etc? just trying to remove that panel without destroying what's behind it, but i can't see how's it attached. thanks

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I think you will have to do it from the back side. That means you gotta go down in the hole. No big deal. Just make sure your affairs are in order first.

• Ha
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I dunno, Jim.. this is a picture of the panel in "the hole". I think Mark is correct.. The hardwood cleats are screwed to the back panel and the front plate is screwed to them There may be some cleats inside the bigger holes on the inside as well. Dunno.. or the cleats are holding the box onto the front panel and the box has to be removed to get at the cleats holding the front plate on?
P7280988.JPGP7280989.JPG

Aug 12, 2019
Hunter 34 Wilson, ny
I felt around inside this weekend thinking there would be cleats like everywhere else, but didn't feel any. don't see any covered screw holes. would it maybe be a veneer that covered the screws?

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
From the photos it Looks to me that it slides into slots at the top (headliner). At lower left there appears to be a cleat that would prevent the lower edge from pulling out towards you. Left side looks like the cabinet would prevent pivot as well. How is the right side finished? At bottom Center of the panel is there any movement away from cabinet?

lower edge could also be held in with counter top

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
I've taken just about all the other panels, etc. apart but not this one. But the carpentry on the H34 is VERY simplistic. looking at the pictures and knowing how other panels are installed, I'd say you have to unscrew either the horizontal or vertical screws to enable the entire cabinet to come out. Unfortunately, it seems the your H34 like mine has some electrical wiring attached to the back of the panel. let me know how you proceed since I'm right behind you.

Aug 10, 2020
Hunter 34 Austin, TX
The panel is just held in place by strips of wood from the back. Once you take out the screws you can wiggle the whole panel out from the galley side. At least that was the case on my boat but the PO did a terrible job butchering a microwave and a wine cooler (!) in there. I removed the whole thing and rebuild it from scratch.

PXL_20201027_155358896.jpgPXL_20210416_160208921.jpg