H28.5 Deck Organizer/Mast base blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ernie Scott

I'd like to modify my 1985 H28.5 to lead all lines to the cockpit. Has anyone added a deck organizer (line control sheaves) to the raised deck portion that is apparently molded in the deck to accomodate hardware? How do you mount at this location? Is there an embedded backing plate? Do you have to drill and tap? Also, to run reefing and outhaul lines aft additional blocks are needed at the mast base. Anyone figured an easy and secure way to mount blocks at this location?

J

Jay Hill

Talk About Timing

As you posted this I was writing about doing this in the Photo Forum. It's on an H31, but it should be similar. Check it out; I'll post an additional announcement as well.

E

Eric Knight

Deck organizer and blocks

Ernie: I've got an 86 28.5 and just did the deck organizer thing to it. You're correct, below the raised fiberglass portion there is an aluminum piece about 1/4" thick, you'll have to drill and tap. I think the best place for the pulley attachment would be either side of the mast, as close to the base as you can get. e-mail if you want to esknight@msn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.