H260 Sunbrella color

May 17, 2017
Hunter H260 Prince George
Does anybody know what shade of Sunbrella blue the original H260 canvas is (sail cover etc..)? They make about 4 shades of navy blue that are close.

Thanks

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Navy Blue is the most common. It's a very dark blue, almost black; all other Sunbrella blues are a lighter shade to some degree.

A dealer ordering the boat from Hunter could choose any fabric color for the canvas... if the dealer ordered canvas. It's always possible a prior owner added the canvas later. So while it is likely to be Navy Blue, it's not a guarantee.

Clear as mud?:facepalm:

May 17, 2017
Hunter H260 Prince George
Oh to be that simple...
Unfortunately Sunbrella makes; 4 called Captain Navy, 3 called just Navy and one called Royal Navy! Call me old fashion, but does the world really need 8 shades of Navy Blue?

Thanks for the reply Phil. Close is probably close enough in this case, I'll just get something in the middle, as they fade they are going to look different anyway.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Then you have to account for fading if you are trying to match other onboard fabric

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
@Chuck C. just plain Navy Blue is probably the one you want. Captain Navy has a purple-ish tint and I've never seen their
Royal Navy but you definitely won't want that.

Just plain Navy Blue is unavailable right now, and you can see a list of colors Sunbrella can't make these days, here:

Sep 13, 2021
Catalina Capri 26 280 Lake Jacomo
I have been looking for the same thing for my H240. I had been thinking that Marine Blue looked the closest. Hmm.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Over 24 years I'd estimate that 95% of the canvas for Hunter owners is Navy Blue and Cadet Grey, with the occasional Pacific Blue on a handful of Cherubinis. Marine Blue is a new color and we haven't seen much demand for it yet.

Mar 12, 2021
Hunter 26 Gulfport
You can order a sample of fabric from Sailrite or Fabric.com. $2 or so each. If you’re trying to stay close to what you already have, getting a sample is the best thing to do.