H260 flex in kitchen and bathroom floor?

Sep 5, 2023
Hunter 26 Galveston
Have started buying H260. Seems old and aging from Galveston moisture with wood bulging and demalimating etc... but not a darn scratch below waterline (guess it was rarely driven). But the kitchen and bathroom floor flexes quarter inch under my 240 pounds, is this worrying? What else to check?? Keel moves w no gouges. Wheel moves rudder. Rudder welding has cracks in bottom 2 inches... Hmmm

Wow the inside is the perfect layout for 26 foot boat!! ALEX

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Is it flexing when on the water with ballast tank full? There is some flex in both areas as it is essentially supported by the top of the ballast tank. A bit more flex in the aft areas than forward as there is a bit of a cavity between the cabin sole and the ballast tank lid or further aft - the hull. It does seem to rely primarily on the shape of the fibreglass for its rigidity. It is somewhat less flexible when ballast tank is full.

you can look at the cavity over the ballast tank from the access panels under the aft berth mattress.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Can you explain what this means ?
Are you saying the keel does move and doesn't have any gouges ? What kind of movement ?
It is a retractable keel... so I am guessing he means you can lift it without strain. The keel does not contain ballast so when working properly, it is a single hand operation to lift the keel.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
with wood bulging and demalimating etc...
Wow the inside is the perfect layout for 26 foot boat!! ALEX

The companionway hatch (top hatch) is notorious for leaking and you will get water pooling around the bulkhead. That is what is most likely causing the delamination in the wood. You will want to get a companionway cover. They sell them right here at SBO. Here is a pic of the one I got from SBO.
1694524424034.png

IMG_1675.JPG

I put my throwable float under the cover to give it a little pitch so the water ran off better.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I responded to the other message posted. I will be glad to talk with the owner if he has read the owner manual in it’s entirety

Dave