h260 bow roller

gudiss

Jul 19, 2016
hunter h260 ocean city nj
hi all
bought an 02 260 a few months ago and have been enjoying the boat this summer. the main reason i sold our j80 and went to the 260 was shallow waters and hanging on the hook! the boat has a short stubby roller (about 7-8") and cannot accommodate the danforth in the up position. so each time i go to drop and retrieve the hook i need to handle it to and from the locker. of course i would much prefer to be able to just release it from the roller. i noticed, at anchor she swings a lot with the rode at basically 90 degrees to the roller head. this is a lot of lateral load on this cantilever/ roller. can anyone chime in on the three screws of the roller mount? are these just lags? is there a buried plate? if i remove and replace with a longer one, i am concerned about the integrity of the screw sets especially with a longer cantilever/roller putting more load on the three screws. any thoughts? much appreciated!!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I installed my anchor roller a year is so ago. I tapped threads into the embedded plate. @Crazy Dave Condon will confirm that it's pretty dang strong. I would rather be able to hang the anchor instead of stowing it in the locker but it just doesn't seem to work that way.