H26 Table

Mar 23, 2016
Hunter 26 MN
I enjoy seeing pictures of other people's projects so I thought I would share my table modification. I really wanted the table to go all the way down for sleeping. To make that happen I removed the big support cone thing from under the table and replaced it with an aluminum support that I fabricated. The previous owner had sanded through the veneer so I decided to just paint the top. You can never have too many cup holders so I added a few of those. I made new cushions for the table. That was my first attempt at cushions so I will probably redo them at some point.

We have three small children who spend most of their time rolling around in the cabin so we usually leave the table in the down position.
20160427_191100.jpg

20160427_191228.jpg
20160427_191428.jpg
20160828_132910.jpg
20160828_132917.jpg

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Looks Great!

And the main salon cushion covers... was that stock? I have a lighter blue vinyl cover for my cushions but I really like the way yours look.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Nice but it also would be convenient to be able to raise it and hold it with a pin all the way up to the cabin top. That way you would have a sitting area without having to slide around the table.

Mar 23, 2016
Hunter 26 MN
The other light blue cushions are original as far as I know. This boat is a 1996. I got the dark blue fabric at our local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store for $2 for a roll. I figured that would be good for practice and maybe over the winter I will buy some nicer fabric and do them all so they match. I replaced the flower pattern in the V-birth with the dark blue too.

It would be cool if the table went all the way up. I think I would want to make it so there was no way the pin could wiggle loose. My original plan was to make the table completely removable by making a 2" slot from the compression post to the edge and then have some type of filler piece in there when the table was in place.

51RD55

Jul 13, 2015
Hunter 31 Toronto
Great idea. I bet the children love it as well. I like seeing boat modifications and have shared some on this forum. Can get some very good ideas.

Aug 11, 2006
Hunter H260 Traverse City
The H26/260 Table is one of those "Hate it or Love" it topics.
I did not modify the table but I did find a way to move it all the way up to the cabin roof so it was out of the way when not needed. Click on this link: http://h260.com/table/table.html

Also there are many other subjects regarding this boat on my website at: http://h260.com/

I no longer own this boat but I have many fond memories and still think it's one of the best trailerable sailboats every made. I've gone over to the dark side and now own a 32 Ft Nordic Tug Trawler but often wish I had not sold the boat.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
George H260;
There were ideas I was not fond of in any way. One was the table being pinned in the up to the ceiling as pictured. I have seen the aftermath if that fell and injuries as a result. I look at things from a safety point as I use to be a former insurance investigator. There is a difference from being an adjuster vs. a true investigator.