H26 Proposed Reef Configuration

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
It would seem your primary issue is reluctance to go to mast to either reef or adjust outhaul. That reluctance seems perfectly reasonable given the layout of the H26
You are correct and I like to adjust outhaul regularly so the outhaul configuration will change for certain. As far as a bigger boat, you saw right through me, I miss my Newport 30 in Marina Del Rey. But I love living in Las Vegas and the ocean doesn't come this far - yet ;)

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter Legend 260 Epidavros
I couldn't just read #88, I went through all 5 pages of posts. It's kinda nice to see that there are always differing opinions. By the way, does your outhaul go to the mast and then all the way back to the cockpit?
Apologies for the delay in answering but I'm on CET+1. Yes and no, I don't have it running in any deck hardware but the line is just reachable from the cockpit.
I can't see any problems in modifying though deck hardware and securing the jammer at the gooseneck but for me and as #Sailfanatic say's, I very rarely need to change it and I don't race, but if l did I would certainly modify.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
You are correct and I like to adjust outhaul regularly so the outhaul configuration will change for certain. As far as a bigger boat, you saw right through me, I miss my Newport 30 in Marina Del Rey. But I love living in Las Vegas and the ocean doesn't come this far - yet ;)
Perhaps you already know this but the thread below indicates there is an embedded plate that you could mount deck organizer, etc that would let accomplish what you are after.

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Perhaps you already know this but the thread below indicates there is an embedded plate that you could mount deck organizer, etc that would let accomplish what you are after.
I was not aware, that was some nice forethought by Hunter.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The hunter 260 & 26 are practically the same boats except for the forward hatch and cockpit which the 260 was offered with wheel steering and an easier was of boarding. You will find a drawing for the location of encapsulated plates which are aluminum under the 260 information. So look there. Surprised no one mentioned that @CaptainRan Look under Boat information/ Hunter/260/downloads
Also look under 26 too

Last edited: