H26 Center Board Line

Apr 10, 2010
Hunter 26 Boca Chica, Rep. of Panama
My worst fear. The line needs to be replace. How is this done? Do I have to jack the boat up some how. The end that lays on the deck is fraying, see photo. How do I replace it?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I've done it... with help. And I wrote up a "How-to" guide. See attached file titled "Lift line replacement". That is my write up. The other docs are some related files I had on my computer that might be useful for you.

Good luck.

Attachments

Apr 10, 2010
very well presented! Lifting the boat will be the challenge from where I am located, Boca Chica Rep of Panama. The marina seems to feel we can

Apr 10, 2010
The uphaul line that attaches to the center board jad about 2 or 3 feet out on the deck on my boat. then a smaller diameter line is attached to what is needed to the windlass. Is this standard?

Aug 12, 2018
Hunter 26 Carter Lake, Colorado
The uphaul line that attaches to the center board jad about 2 or 3 feet out on the deck on my boat. then a smaller diameter line is attached to what is needed to the windlass. Is this standard?
Yes.The specifications in my 1998 H26 factory manual say 7/16” x 11’ for the uphaul (centerboard up through the deck) and 5/16” x 12’ for the cascade line (through the blocks etc on deck).

Apr 10, 2010
Ah very good information! Thanks much.. looking forward to getting her back on the water. This virus lock down then some health issue prior but back on my feet now and anxious

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Chiriqui

Send me a private message regarding this and I will help. I helped Rgranger to replace it. Former dealer also involved with the design. Advise you are in Panama and boat size. In the subject mention Hunter water ballast or H and model of your boat

Oct 12, 2020
Hunter 240 St. Pete
Hi guys, Great info! I just printed the guide from rgranger...thank you!! I'm am taking my 240 to the boat yard on Thursday to drop the centerboard and replace line and possibly the pivot pin. I tried to do it on the trailer this weekend but the thing just wouldnt budge. So I think I have to get it up a little higher.

Oct 12, 2020
Hunter 240 St. Pete
One question, might be an obvious one....Its just the one bolt that holds the centerboard bracket on to the trunk, correct? I removed that bolt but the centerboard didnt seem to move down at all.
Thanks again for all the great info...This thread/forum is a life saver!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Yep the one bolt

But you have to wiggle the board back and forth to walk the bracket out of the trunk.

So... need to get it up there.

Oct 12, 2020
Hunter 240 St. Pete
Just finished up the centerboard uphaul line replacement. Wound up having to get a new pivot pin as well. The guide from @rgranger and advice from @ Crazy Dave Condon were spot on! I used the 3/4" all thread rod and made it soooo much easier to get up into the trunk. Any advice on how to tie it to the blocks on the deck. I got the board up but seems like its a lot of weight on the lines. Is it true that its easier to pull up when its in the water? Thanks again for the advice!!