H26.5 - Where do the bow light wires go?

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I need to replace the wires that go to the bow light on a H26.5. I see that the wires go into the bow rail from the bow light, but I don't know where they go from there. Has anyone traced them out before? I'd love a heads up on where to look for them down below.

Thanks,
Jim

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
A wild guess is they go to the switch and/or breaker that turns them on. They MAY go to the stern white light first, though.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Jim

Hopefully someone with specific knowledge will answer but if not have you considered using a wire tracer?

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
The bow light works intermittently when I wiggle the wires that go into the bow rail, so I am pretty sure that my problem is in the wiring, within a few feet of the bow light.

I do know where the corresponding switch & fuse are located. The stern light is on the same circuit. I do not have a wire tracer. I do not see where the wires are routed from the bow rail to inside the cabin. I assume that they enter the V-berth area somewhere, but I don't see them there. I was hoping to cut the existing wires somewhere near the V-berth, so that I would be able to install a 2 position barrier strip & run the new wires up to the bow from there. Unfortunately, that requires that I find the existing wires, which have eluded me so far.

The wires that go to the cabin light in the V-berth are also a mystery, but they are less significant. I was able to replace that light with one that is self contained & runs on internal batteries. I was hoping to do a more proper job on the bow light. That is something that I consider to be much more important.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
I don't know about Hunter, but quite often they bury wires between the deck and liner, or even embed them in the deck laminate itself. If so, you're SOL. You'll have to start over and run all new wires, and it may be difficult to hide them as well as Hunter did. Do you have a hard liner or vinyl? If vinyl you may be able to peel it back far enough to access the wires. Sometimes there are even zippers or other fastenings to facilitate this, but once again I don't know how Hunter does this.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I did not have the manual. That is a very good step in the right direction for me. Thank you very much.
I happy that I was able to help a little. Small repayment for all the constructive posts you have contributed. :)