H25 or C25?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Time to admit my age and put the Highlander away. I would like to have a small cruiser in front of my small lake yacht club. Be nice to crash there after a wild night of dancing and drinking.

At the marina are two fin keel boats with tillers, a C25 with outboard and an H25 with inboard diesel. You all know how I feel about Cherubinis. But does it make sense to give up all that interior room?

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37 C sloop Punta Gorda FL
Time to admit my age and put the Highlander away. I would like to have a small cruiser in front of my small lake yacht club. Be nice to crash there after a wild night of dancing and drinking.

At the marina are two fin keel boats with tillers, a C25 with outboard and an H25 with inboard diesel. You all know how I feel about Cherubinis. But does it make sense to give up all that interior room?
How many of you are crashing? What do you plan to do with the "room". Get sea trials, see which one you like better

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
You are more familiar than most with the difficulties of maintaining an older boat. At this time you may want to look for a newer model to simplify your life. I would give up cabin space, headroom and even the inboard diesel to get a newer simpler boat that might be fun and easy to sail.

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
If you've found an H25 with an inboard, buy it. The only drawbacks of the H25 over the H27 are about the lack of an inboard and the lack of standing headroom. Otherwise the H25 is probably a better buy than an H27, especially as regards performance.

If I were you, however, Ed, I would look for a Yanmar-powered H27 with wheel steering and see if you can rig a cockpit traveler to be rid of the midboom sheeting fiasco. Then you'd have something small enough to use with ease, large enough to sail 4 or 5 and with an enclosed head and a place for a 'fridge (under the chart desk) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.