H240 Cabinet Project

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
I decided to set a cabinet where the burner sets on the galley top next to the sink. I had seen a picture that someone else had done. I found a wooden planter at Amazon for $37.00 that looked like the right size and I ordered it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWVYU3...abc_M6TPZC9P3NKBM8D2WRGE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I set it up and it fits in the space. I plan to cut the short legs off and add shelves to it after I cut out the panel in the side facing the stem. More photos will follow.Planter from Amazon.jpg
I cut the sides square on a table saw and assembled the box. I cut 14" shelves from 1/4 plywood that I had in the basement and painted them white except for the top one which I stained. I cut one of the sides cross ways in order to make a door. The galley rail came today and I mitered one of the corners to see how it would look. I will take everything to the Lake tomorrow to see if there is room for the rail on all four sides of the top.
9/24/2021, I have added the hinges to the door, stained the galley rail (the most expensive item purchased), and put in the shelve supports.
My wife said that i should varnish the cabinet but the Amazon add reads,"..finished in Teak Oil." The following link explains oil finishes:
Apparently Teak Oil can be anything from Tung, mineral spirits, wax, up to and including Snake Oil. I will probably rub it with Tung oil.
I have finished and installed the cabinet and the project is documented in the Modifications section for H240. Here is the picture of the fully loaded cabinet. The bottom shelf is silverware. Above that is my spice collection (purchased as a set from Amazon). Above that is plastic plates and bowels, also from Amazon.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
I decided to set a cabinet where the burner sets on the galley top next to the sink. I had seen a picture that someone else had done. I found a wooden planter at Amazon for $37.00 that looked like the right size and I ordered it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWVYU3...abc_M6TPZC9P3NKBM8D2WRGE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I set it up and it fits in the space. I plan to cut the short legs off and add shelves to it after I cut out the panel in the side facing the stem. More photos will follow.View attachment 198206
How are you going to cook all the fish you catch?