H23.5 1993

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
He's the man.
I would consider moving the stop to where the boat sits comfortably on the trailer.
Mast rivets? I don't understand. Where on the mast? They could be either stainless or aluminum. Depends on who installed.
Windows ... take out and re-seal. Before doing that, work out how you will clamp or otherwise retain the windows in place long enough to let adhesive/sealant to set. In my case it was a Rube Goldberg setup of cinder blocks, wedges foam and a prayer.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You will have to drill out the rivets and replace them. If the holes in the mast are warbled, you will have to go a size up and drill new holes. I’ve replaced my mast foot and so... I’ve done this once before. My new foot came with SS rivets but I went to Lowe’s and got aluminum. I don’t think it is a good idea to introduce a dissimilar metal situation.

I have the same problem with my bow stop. One thing that helps is to spray the carpet on the skids with dry lube but it is a temporary fix .... I have not had to reseal my ports

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
Re-rivet the foot. I did this a few years ago to my 23.5. Drill out the old ones. You may need to "dress" the base of the mast. By that I mean check the aluminum base and make sure it is very flat. Use a good straight edge held up to the base in various positions. When the rivets are loose, the mast can rock a little back and forth. Over time, this can cause the base of the mast to get a curved base. Take your time and use a file to bring it back to a flat shape. Its very soft metal, and will file down quickly.

If the rivet holes are rounded out, you will need to drill them out and go up a size. They are simple "pop" rivets, and you can get a useable pop rivet tool at Harbor Freight for cheap. I cant remember if I used stainless steel or aluminum rivets. I personally don't think it matters. There is not a lot of force acting on those rivets in normal conditions.

Which window are you talking about, that leaks?

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I had to fix the rivets connecting my mast to the fitting because it twisted off while trying to step it. The rivets failed, with less damage to the mast extrusion. I would avoid stainless, as I think it is better to sacrifice the rivets than the extrusion.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Have been investigating the FAA as they approved a wind mill turbines farm with towers 600 feet plus in the midst of five active military training routes. Finished a report going to everyone. Be finished in a few days. Then you will see me back

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
Have been investigating the FAA as they approved a wind mill turbines farm with towers 600 feet plus in the midst of five active military training routes. Finished a report going to everyone. Be finished in a few days. Then you will see me back

The windmills will be marked on aviation charts and pilots will avoid them. Case closed. There are antenne and obstacles everywhere. MTR's are no exception. But I respect your concerned citizenry.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Hate to tell you but the FAA did not fully investigate and the military is not happy. Being a pilot, growing up around Army Aviation/early NASA and an investigator , I know a thing or two. There is a very active military training route whose planes do go over the proposed site that the FAA failed to include. There are many issues but will not go any further. I lost my father in a helicopter accident due to being given an outdated map given to him that did not list a new erected power line. He was flying into the sun. Igor Sikorsky trained my father. My father’s best friend, Gus Grissom, lost his life in the Apollo 1 capsule fire as NASA was developing it too fast. Remember the school teacher who lost her life on the shuttle? I knew her as well. However; pulling dead bodies from aircraft
will remain in my mind forever