H 34 Bilge structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dick Hall

Several people have expressed interest in what lies beneath the cabin sole. As my sole is currently up, I took some measurements. The structural pan is a matrix of box structures. There are voids port, starboard and center. None have drains unless wires or pipes happen to cross. If you drain the water tank or the water heater without a drain hose, it will fill a void and stay there. There are two longitudinal stringers 5 inches wide. They go straight the entire length of the structural pan. There are four transverse frames. The first supports the leading edge of the keel and is visible by the compression post. There are lips for the sole fore and aft. The second is under the sole but visible under the port bunk and the table to starboard. It is 7 inches wide. The third is visible near the chart table and supports the aft keel bolts. It too has lips for the sole. The fourth is visible at the forward edge of the engine compartment. It is six inches wide. Hope this helps.

B

Barry

A Picture Would be Great

Any chance you could post one? (even though I'm not sure I want to know what's down there) Barry S/V "PER DIEM too"

B

Bruce

Thanks for the "floor plan"

Dick, Thanks for passing that along. I have torn most of what little hair I have left out trying to run a ground under that floor. I wish Hunter had plans for the older boats that we could use.

R

Ron

I second a picture

I would also be interseted in seeing pictures of what this looks like.

J

jim oursler

Pictures would explain much

With all of the voids in the floor, no wonder there is a residual odor no matter what..

viktor

Sep 28, 2008
Beneteau 32s5 Stockholm
Pictures worth a lot

Dick, I would be happy, even eager, to reimburse you for a set of picture and the postage. Just contact me.

R

Ron

Project someone?

From all the response it looks like posting pictures would be a much appreciated project for someone

D

Dick Hall

Photo forum

I have just posted some pix to the photo forum. I don't see them there, but the software may require some cycle time before they show up.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Don't think it posted.

Dick: I would try it again. Make sure that your photo name has no spaces or special characters in the name. Photo should be something like boatpan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.