H 216 spinnaker manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
Catalina 28 mk2 Toronto
Happy New Year, all!

Does anyone know if there are instructions for mounting/assembling the hardware for the asym spinnaker for the 216? I did not receive one with the spinnaker gear. think I have all the components (but did not get a parts list either).

As well, I have never sailed with an asym before (but looking forward to no messing with poles!) ... Any guides for rigging and flying it (and dowsing too!)

Thanks in advance!
Jamie

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
What hardware do you have in hand?
A hound above the headstay (unless that's where you'll be flying the spin), swivelling shackle, a place to attach the tack and turning blocks mounted aft on the cockpit coamings are the basic necessities, I think.

Mucho fun sails, spinnakers.

Apr 17, 2011
hunter H22 water
hi, I have a H22 and I love flying the spinnaker.

I draw something that might help you.

one is good, the other one not. cause it was to heavy and you need 2 shackles.

you need 2 other swivelling shackels at the end of the rope to attach the head of the spi and the tack part (bottom) sorry I dont know the parts name in English. :redface:

in the first video, you will see the heavy setup, with good wind it was ok. but in smaller wind it was to heavy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dnvjKhmPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD39fgj1SEU

unfortunatly my spi is in reparation, i cant post photo of the setup

Attachments

Apr 17, 2011
hunter H22 water
using the asym spinnaker.

you should put the boat back Wind. open the Main sail. it will block the Wind and it will be easier to let the spi in the air. once in the air, you can go through the Wind and the spi will inflate.

to take the spi down, you have to do the same. go back Wind, open the main sail, the spi will deflate, and you take it down.

My girlfriend and I, are doing regetta, when the buoy is coming, we dont but the boat backwind, we let the genoa out, it block the Wind a bit, take the spi down and after that we go upwind. its harder to take the spi down that way but its regetta mode.

if you came by Montréal this summer, you are welcome on my boat.

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
why don't you ask if the spinnaker kit with gear, sail and directions are sold thru the store site on this web as they handle the hunter parts now as hunter use to sell as a kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.