ground wire in mast

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
looking to see what kind of connectors you actually use to connect the mast wiring to The boat wiring do you something that can be taken apart like on a trailer hitch
That is a bit dependent on the location of the wires. some wires connect inside the mast, some come out side and connect with a through deck fitting.

Sorry, I'll be off the grid for a few days on a long passage, so I won't able to follow up with this.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Is your mast deck stepped or keel stepped? Mine is keel stepped and I use ring terminals on a terminal block. My old boat was deck stepped and I had a "waterproof" connector for the mast wiring which connected outside the mast. I was not really convinced the connection was all that waterproof but it was fresh water and I didn't have problems with it other than replacing the connectors once due to corrosion after about 30 years of use.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
My McGregor came to me with a simple 4 conductor trailer plug with the female side mounted flush with the top of the deck. The mast wiring
with the mail pins and waterproof collar exits the side of the mast to plug into the deck about 6 inches away from the tabernacle. The plug had a small screw cap (attached with a tiny safety chain) to cover the exposed female connections when the mass is down.The mail plug is just folded back up into the mast for protection. Second year I graciously kicked that cap off the side of the boat to Davy Jones as proof that I was a real sailor.