Ground tackle

Jan 26, 2020
S2 9.2A Rochester
Wondering what folks have done with the 9.2 anchoring? Comes with just an anchor locker and thats it. I want to upgrade mine and would love to see pictures of what others have invented.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Wondering what folks have done with the 9.2 anchoring? Comes with just an anchor locker and thats it. I want to upgrade mine and would love to see pictures of what others have invented.
I'm a bit confused. Did you want to upgrade your anchor locker or did you want to know different anchoring options. Additional anchors and rodes can be carried in the lazzarette, stern rails, etc....

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Not sure what you mean by upgrade. Most ground tackle solutions are not specific to one model. Here is a general plan:

First, select an anchor. Lots of published material and threads on this site. Do consider the bottom types in your planned cruising area. Size the anchor to your boats displacement using a table for your selected anchor design.

Then select a rode. Nylon plus chain or all chain are the basic choices. Then size the rode for your displacement. West Marine has nylon plus chain rode kits and tables based on displacement if you go that way.

Then decide if you want to carry the anchor on your bow or inside the locker. If you want to lift it out of and back into you locker, you are done. If you want to carry it on the bow, then you need to select a roller, and figure out where You want to mount it. At this point, the Admiral and I walked the docks and checked out the details of different set-ups. If you are mounting a new roller, you want to bolt it through your deck with a good stainless steel backing plate underneath. (If you are considering a windlass, that’s beyond my experience.)

Secure the anchor in two ways. First the rode must be secure on the deck or in the locker. Of course the bitter end of the rode should be made up to a strong point. Then you need a chain stopper or similar device to hold the anchor securely. Then, you need a rod or cable on the roller to hold the anchor in place if you take green water over the bow. Again, walking the docks will show you lots of alternatives. Finally, West Marine and other suppliers have good web sites on this question, including videos.

Good luck on your project.