Greetings! Newb H22 owner

Sep 5, 2020
Hunter 22 Lake of the Ozarks
I'm so thrilled to say, "I own a sailboat!" I just bought a 1983 H22 and love it! It's in really great shape. Still some items for TLC, but she sails great right now. If any of you veteran owners have any tips for a newb, please feel free to post. I have her in a slip in the Lake of the Ozarks. While I got a nice trailer with her, I plan on keeping her in the water year round. The winters are actually pretty mild here, with only January/February being nasty cold.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new sailboat!!

Your plan sounds good. Might need to plan on cleaning the bottom on some frequency. Check with your neighbors on what frequency they clean their boat's bottom.

Sep 5, 2020
Hunter 22 Lake of the Ozarks
Thank you! It's exciting...to say the least. I'm ready to learn and grown in this new hobby (lifestyle!)

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
We kept our 23 in a fresh water lake and hauled it due to freezing in winter. Unless you have those pesky barnacles in your lake you probably will only need to pull it every so often to clear off the fine grass like stuff that grows. A really powerful pressure washer will be needed and do it before it all dries out. It may be worth paying a marina that has one of those permanently installed monster pressure washers. We never used any bottom paint.

SeaTR

Jan 24, 2009
Hunter 22 Groton
I bought a salvage 1981 H22 back in 2007, have been working on her bit-by-bit for the past 14 years and sailing her for 12 years on Long Island Sound. If you need info on the H22 class, one of many threads / references is(are) available on this web site.
Also see my thread at:

Need Rudder and swing keel dimensions

Hope this helps.
Let me know how I may be of help to you wrt your early 80's H22.