Greetings, New owner of an O'Day 35 here.

c1Josh

May 17, 2017
O'Day 35 South Boston
Hello,

I just want to introduce myself, I've been reading all I could find about the O'Day 35 all summer because I now own one. My cousin and I bought S/V Senior Moment this spring and have already had some interesting adventures around Boston Harbor. The last owner used it as a floating condo with occasional sailing, and the one before that was on Cape Cod. There's a lot of deferred maintenance to catch up on and things to fix, so I have my hands full, but I'm happy to have a solid place to start.

Josh

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome Josh. Congrats on your new to you boat. Always fun to take a boat out on the water and feel her pick up the wind propelling you across the waters to new adventures.

Hope you have fun in your projects. Pictures are an important element of these posts. Looking forward to seeing one of your boat.
Fair winds.

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Congrats - great choice! Lots of combined knowledge available here.

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
Hello,

I just want to introduce myself, I've been reading all I could find about the O'Day 35 all summer because I now own one. My cousin and I bought S/V Senior Moment this spring and have already had some interesting adventures around Boston Harbor. The last owner used it as a floating condo with occasional sailing, and the one before that was on Cape Cod. There's a lot of deferred maintenance to catch up on and things to fix, so I have my hands full, but I'm happy to have a solid place to start.

Josh
Welcome Josh, There is loads of help here with any questions you may have. I owned a 34 that was a poster child for deferred maintenance when we bought it. It has since found a new owner after a near-total refit, much of it with advice and help from the fine folks here. The 34/35 are great boats for the money and are a pleasure to sail.

c1Josh

May 17, 2017
O'Day 35 South Boston
Well, here’s a good picture of what was left when the yard was done pressure washing the hull after haul out.

8E50A6E0-1ECF-40D2-97BD-E0A8A2F09F4F.jpeg
no wonder we were slow...

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
With the exception of the silicone that was used to seal many deck fittings they sail nicely and handle heavy weather well

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Welcome aboard. When I first got my 34 6 years ago the first thing I did was read all of the ODay big boat forums here going to back to the beginning. Will great reading for you on long winter nights.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
I have had my 1986/1987 O'day 35 since 2010. While under my care, I have replaced or repaired just about every system on the boat including the keel, and most recently the rudder. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Congratulations, Josh, and welcome to the club! It might interest you to know that the annual O'day owners' rOnDAYvous will be held July 9-11 at Mystic Seaport Museum marina. Maybe you'll be up for a trip to Connecticut. Hope so.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Welcome. @eherlihy & I have been working back & forth to document lots of the good things he's done with his boat. One of his classic contributions is about bolts for alternator mounting on his M25 engine. If you have an M25, like I do, these posts may help you:

Engines 101 - The BIGGEST & BEST collection of M25 Series Universal Engine Information on the Internet, plus some M35, too :)

Diesel Engine - c34.org