Greetings fellow O'Day folks!

Jan 19, 2019
Oday 27 Hudson, Wisconsin
We are proud to announce our newest addition - a 1974 O'Day 27 :)
(We were previously sailing a Mac26S)
I'm looking for any advice and helpful hints for this boat, so any comments welcome :)
It doesn't come with a spinnaker, and I'd love to get one for it - any rec'd specs for that?

I'll be sure to post pictures soon :) (here is just a quick mugshot from the boatyard)

~Lisa

Attachments

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
Ahoy, Welcome aboard. This is a great place to be for tons of recommendations. I sold my 1975 O'Day 27 about 3 years ago. I had it for about 10 years. It was a great boat, and I sure learned a lot by having it. Most of its life it had the original Atomic 4 engine. A couple of years before selling I converted to an Evinrude 9.8 with power lift, electric start, and remote control. Do you have the A4 engine?

Jan 19, 2019
No, just an outboard came with it (and we might swap that out for our Tohatsu Sailpro from last year)

Looking forward to the new adventure!

check

Jul 8, 2018
O'day 27 Bear Lake
Hello sbcwolff, I have a1978 O’day 27 with original Yanmar ysb8. Rather than replace it I was considering adding an outboard motor mount and getting a Tohatsu sailpro. Could you tell me what kind of motor mount you have and where it is located? Also what is the shaft length of your outboard? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Jan 19, 2019
Hello sbcwolff, I have a1978 O’day 27 with original Yanmar ysb8. Rather than replace it I was considering adding an outboard motor mount and getting a Tohatsu sailpro. Could you tell me what kind of motor mount you have and where it is located? Also what is the shaft length of your outboard? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
I can take a picture when I'm out tomorrow.
The boat came with the OB mount when we bought it, so not sure on brand. It is mounted dead center on the transom.
Sorry for the delay in the reply!!!!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
We are proud to announce our newest addition - a 1974 O'Day 27 :)
(We were previously sailing a Mac26S)
I'm looking for any advice and helpful hints for this boat, so any comments welcome :)
It doesn't come with a spinnaker, and I'd love to get one for it - any rec'd specs for that?

I'll be sure to post pictures soon :) (here is just a quick mugshot from the boatyard)

~Lisa
Nice.
I have a Mariner 19. I'm impressed with O'Day. I am certain you will love owning one.

I have little experience with spins, but from what I've learned, an asym makes the most sense.

-Will (Dragonfly)

check

Jul 8, 2018
O'day 27 Bear Lake
Nice woodworking and cushion stitching! My boat came with a spinnaker pole(attached on deck) and a spinnaker that I have only had out of the bag to inspect. I can take pictures if you like?
We have a 150% Genoa and a 100 jib and these work well for the gusty, wind direction shifting mountain lake we sail. Thank goodness for all the reef points on the old mainsail.

Jan 19, 2019
Here is the OB mounting - I forgot my camera today, so this is the old OB, but so you can get an idea of where the bracket mounts...
Yes, I'd love to see a pic of the spin set up, and I also agree the double reef points are super nice to have!!! We double reefed yesterday :)

Attachments