• On September 1st, Maine Sail suffered a major hemorrhagic stroke. One of the most generous members of our sailing community, he has helped thousands. Now it's our turn. Click here to learn more

GREAT TOOL !!

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Hey all,

Found a great tool. It's a hook knife. Sold as HOOKNIFE, by Sailboat Solutions in N.C. This sucker is unbelievably sharp.. Comes with a short 12" handle. I ordered a adjunct extendable pole that has about 8' of reach.

My tests ( for amazed friends) utilizing 7/16 kern mantle line was no test.. this line was cleanly sliced like a hot knife thru butter.
I'm all in for $111.00 for everything that included a peace of mind....

Rick

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I have one and can attest that it works very well at preventing the dinghy painter from wrapping around the prop. After purchasing one several years ago, I have yet to wrap anything around my prop.

A friend did borrow it last year to remove a line around his prop and he was quite satisfied with how it worked.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I have one and I have used it a couple times to clear lines wrapped around my prop. Excellent tool- nothing else come close to it in performance when you need it.