Grandson's first sail and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
My two year old grandson Will had his first sail and overnight yesterday. We had south winds, so offshore, fast and flat the ten or so miles from Huron to Vermilion on Lake Erie. On return with a guesstimate of 18 to 20 I elected to sail on just the yankee. I was really surprised how well she moves under one sail. Everything is a guess because nothing is working on the boat, not the instruments and not the A/C(90 at bedtime).

It was a strange day where the cellphone would not complete a Google search and the GPS would not find a single satellite! I know there is no relationship. This morning the cell was fine but I did not test my chartplotter.

As for instruments I think I mentioned before that the marina cut the wires when they took the mast down for transport. So no wind information or anchor and steaming lights. . .yet. One day the knot log worked but not the last two times out. I do have depth and water temp though.

I took a recharge bottle from Autozone(free for recyling my old AGM batteries) only to find the port on my Mermaid 12K is smaller than on the car. Has anyone found recharge kits for R22 and used it successfully on your marine a/c ?

Attachments

Oct 29, 2010
Hunter 36 Pensacola
Sailing with kids

Thanks for the pics Ed. Glad to see you on the water. Our second child, a boy, was born two weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how our boating life will change. Our girl was exactly two when we bought our H36. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.