GPS Antenna

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice @Davidasailor26 you did a great job on identifying and it looks like solved this challenge.
Nice

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
You guys are unreal! I have updated to 3.0 appox. 90 days ago. We will give your recommendation a try. You should think about applying for a senior engineer job at Sinrad. Thanks again, Slider

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
You guys are unreal! I have updated to 3.0 appox. 90 days ago. We will give your recommendation a try. You should think about applying for a senior engineer job at Sinrad. Thanks again, Slider
Just for giggles I tried the update on my old NSS8, and it seems to have worked. The time and date now show properly everywhere they're supposed to. Now if only I could fix the lightning fried NMEA circuitry...

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
You are correct, there is a new update dated 4/3/19! Will install today AND REPORT BACK. MINE IS A NSS8 2011.

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
Eureka! We installed this version in January and it did not fix the problem. NSS-3.0-46.2.24-28289-r2-Standard-2
Yesterday we downloaded NSS-30-46.2.24-46.2.24-28289-r2-Sandard-2. We installed it today and it fixed the problem! We now get the correct time and tides.

Thanks to all and Dave26

May 17, 2004
Eureka! We installed this version in January and it did not fix the problem. NSS-3.0-46.2.24-28289-r2-Standard-2
Yesterday we downloaded NSS-30-46.2.24-46.2.24-28289-r2-Sandard-2. We installed it today and it fixed the problem! We now get the correct time and tides.

Thanks to all and Dave26
Glad we figured it out. Now hopefully Simrad built the new version properly and we don't go through the same thing on the real GPS rollover tomorrow!

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats Slider and David. Great when a puzzle is resolved.

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
Bad News, went sailing today, 1st day since the GPS rollover. NO GPS, SOG., auto pilot, chatd. Time and Date! Next move will be contact Simrad again! I AM SURE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO MANY OF YOU. From victory to loss with the rollover!

charts

May 17, 2004
Bad News, went sailing today, 1st day since the GPS rollover. NO GPS, SOG., auto pilot, chatd. Time and Date! Next move will be contact Simrad again! I AM SURE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO MANY OF YOU. From victory to loss with the rollover!

charts
Boooo. I'll break mine out of the basement again tomorrow and see what it says.

May 17, 2004
@Slider - My NSS went out too. Like you said, this time it's not just the date/time, but it couldn't get a GPS fix at all. Luckily, there is a new update. Simrad posted it yesterday (3 days after the rollover), and it's available at http://downloads.simrad-yachting.com/software/index.html?r=1871

That update (version 3 rev 4) did fix mine, and now both the GPS fix and date/time are good again (hopefully for at least another 1000 weeks or so).

All in all not a great showing by Simrad. Between the bad advice their support gave you, and releasing an update just months ago that clearly didn't test for the rollover that they should have known about, it doesn't inspire much confidence.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Navico NSE12 (2010) - just pulled my Navionics SD chart chip out (winterized), loaded to the MFD and turned on the system. Accurate Lat/Lon, accurate time, and WAAS is lit. System fully operational. No recent firmware updates.

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
OK, David26, Downloading today and uploading Saturday before a Race on SF Bay, 95 boats involved! Thanks again!
Slider

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
@Gunni how about date? My Garmin GPS12 works fine except the date in Aug 1999. My Garmin GPS72 survived the roll-over.

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
Bingo! New download from Simrad fixed everything. Had a fun race 19 NM we ended up sailing 40 miles top speed with tide pushing at 3 k was 11 knots some of the way. It was 6 miles one way to the start line.

Thanks to all of you for the great advice!

Slider