gori folding props

  • Thread starter beaujer@aol.com
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beaujer@aol.com

I have had severe problems with gori three blade folding prop. Has anyone else experienced any defects. I lost a blade for the second time after only less than ten hours on each occasion placing my guests and myself at risk.
 
Dec 2, 2003
4,245
- - Seabeck WA
Me too.

Pulled into Grand Caymans and one of the blades fell off. Ever look for a blade in coral? They're the same same color. We had divers volunteering to find the blade with no luck. I sent the prop back to the Gori factory requesting a repair or replacement. They said it was worn out and would sell a new one to me for twice what I paid for the first, that was four years old. I bought a Max Prop.
 
Jun 6, 2004
300
- - E. Greenwich, RI
Check out...

...the link below for H&H Prop in Salem, MA. They sell the Seahawk Slipstream stainless folder. I installed one on my Nonsuch 30 and it has performed spectacularly. I heard, and personally knew of, too many horror stories to go with a Gori. Cheers, Bob
 

Tim R.

.
May 27, 2004
3,626
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
Flexofold

I just bought a flexofold from Chuck Angle in Marblehead, MA. I have not used it yet but I am very impressed with the design. I also heard to stay away from Gori. Tim R.
 
Feb 18, 2004
69
- Catalina - 350 Middle River, MD - Chesapeake Bay
MaxProp

Last year, I installed a MaxProp 3-blade on my Catalina 350. It started out as a 3-blade prop... and it is still a 3-blade prop! That sucks about your Gori. Jack "Friendship" C350, #80
 
Status
Not open for further replies.