Goodbye, H23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2006
Hunter 23 Philadelphia
I know I haven't been very active lately, but some of you might remember me. In any case, I figured I'd make a post that my Hunter 23 has moved on, and now in the hands of a good fellow named Juan in the Catskill Mountains.

It's been quite the adventure, considering when I bought this boat six years ago from Denise (She has an Oday 30..and may still be active here?) I didn't have a clue about how to sail. It's been good to me, and held together in weather I'm sure the boat wasn't made to take. We've crossed Lake Ontario together, gone for extended camping vacations with a few different girlfriends, thousands of miles of lugging it behind an underpowered, just-barely-not-overheating pickup truck. Even lived on it for a month in between my lease ending and finishing my master's thesis.
(And I've bailed countless gallons of water out of her after rainstorms)

Goodbye, my friend.

Oct 6, 2011
CM 32 USA
Brain, you going to sit out sailing for a time or will you be replacing her? Hope your health is good.

DS was a great old band. I still listen to them on DVD.

Oct 3, 2006
Hunter 23 Philadelphia
She's been replaced for years - the 23 is far too much boat to be trailer-sailing, but I haven't really had the desire to spend the money to keep it in a slip (i.e. been stashing money like a crazy man for a down payment on a house). Plus, I got my instructor's license and can sail on other people's 22-24 foot boats pretty much whenever I want!

So for now, "my" boat is this little rocketship - it's got about half the sail area of the H23 and weighs a tenth of it. Which still doesn't make it go anywhere when there's no wind!

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
Why I sold it to you Brian! trailer sailing boats are allot of work! Best answer? get a boat that is too big to be towed! LOL Glad you enjoyed her Brian. I loved the boat when I had her but as you know even a Oday 30 is "small" for me :)
Fair winds! (on the Schuylkill river?)

Aug 5, 2009
Hunter h23 Dallas Tx.
Brian, Stay in touch. Its been a good 3 years with you on here. Your rocket has inspired me to dust off my Mutineer and take her out again. Charles

Apr 22, 2012
Hunter 19 Orlando
Brian, Stay in touch. Its been a good 3 years with you on here. Your rocket has inspired me to dust off my Mutineer and take her out again. Charles
I am just about done restoring a early 70's Buccaneer. I used a Mutineer for parts. They are both fun lil boats. As soon as the Buccaneer is finished (approx 1-2 weeks) I shall start getting the custom H19 ready for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.