Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Hello all. It has been a long time since I have been on. My son is a hockey player and 2 seasons ago he reached an age level where practice starts in May and the season starts in August so the past few summers have been spent in rinks and Anam Cara has been high and dry. As retirement approaches, we decided that it would be best to pass her on to someone who will use it and so we can plan our future. So today, we closed with a new sailor from Long Island, NY and she is no longer ours.

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone on the forum who has helped over the years. I especially want to thank MaineSail and Stu. Your personal assistance was invaluable. As you all know, there is no better source of information out there than the sailboatowners.com forums. Whenever I had an issue with my boat or on the boats I was sailing on, the SBO family was always there to lend a hand. I told her new owner that it was required for him to get an SBO account and take advantage of all the resources here.

When we find our retirement destination, I will be at the helm of something again and will definitely be back on board SBO. In the meantime, please stay healthy and safe. I wish all of you fair winds, following seas and cold beer.

Jack Manning
s/v Anam Cara
Cape May, NJ

Attachments

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Good luck and God speed. Stop by every once and awhile. Hockey dosen't last forever. ;)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Plan carefully. Enjoy the process. Find a fulfilling location. And a boat that meets your needs.
Looking forward to you coming downwind.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I’m pretty sure the Hotel California Rule will apply soon enough. I checked out 6 months ago and never left. Good luck!

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Hockey season is summer ? I'd always assumed it was just something people did when it was too cold to sail.

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Goodby for now, Jack. Even if you don't physically own a boat now, mentally the boat never leaves ! So check in from time to time just so your mind doesn't go bad LOL. Best to you !

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
I downsized when my daughter grew up, and I'm loving my new sportier boat. Less work, more fun.