Good lead for hydrohoist info

gtg

Sep 12, 2019
Catalina, Hobbie 22, 16 Windycrest
Slim picking so far on hydrohoist info. So far all I can find on this mobile device are demos.

Looking for those trouble shooting vidoes/posts and explanations of how things work.

Does a hydrohoist move water or air? Does it move water in and out of tanks with a water pump or move air in and out tanks like a balloon? Thinking a purchasing a used hydrohoist, would like to know my future costs should it fail and ease of fixing a leaking hoist.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Maybe a better definition of what this thing does. I own a hydrohoist trailer, which operates with hydraulic fluid, operated by a pump which is powered by a gas engine. I used to own one that was powered by a 12 motor. There is a reservoir for the fluid. Is that what you are writing about?
Or are you thinking of a boat lift that floats on the water containing the boat over the water when up and then it submerges floating the boat for use?

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
By hydrohoist if you are referring to a boat floater, it works like a ballast tank on a submarine; Open area on the bottom with a air line going to the "tank". Put the floater in the water, open the air (vent) valve to submerge tanks enough to allow your boat on and start pumping air into the tank which forces the water out the bottom opening which raises the tanks to float your boat.

Depending on the material the tanks are made of determines the ease of repairing leaks in the tanks. The boat floaters I am familiar with are galvanized steel which requires a welder knowledged with galvanized metal since it could release toxic heavy metals when heated.

gtg

Sep 12, 2019
Catalina, Hobbie 22, 16 Windycrest
By hydrohoist if you are referring to a boat floater, it works like a ballast tank on a submarine; Open area on the bottom with a air line going to the "tank". Put the floater in the water, open the air (vent) valve to submerge tanks enough to allow your boat on and start pumping air into the tank which forces the water out the bottom opening which raises the tanks to float your boat.

Depending on the material the tanks are made of determines the ease of repairing leaks in the tanks. The boat floaters I am familiar with are galvanized steel which requires a welder knowledged with galvanized metal since it could release toxic heavy metals when heated.
Yep, a boat floater or boat life. I will use that terminology to search for information. Thank you.

Attachments