Gone to Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2008
Jeanneau 49 DS San Pedro, CA
Weather looks great, mid 70's with a good breeze. I'm hitting the water and heading for Catalina Island for a night. I leave early Saturday and return Sunday. I get great reception and transmission out on the water. If anyone wants to give a holler and try connecting again, send an e-mail:

windward54@yahoo.com

I don't know what happened with personal messages. I use to get the text forwarded to me, but now I only receive a notification. Since this is forwarded to a Blackberry, I can't pick up a personal message on the website with it. Usually no problem with normal e-mail.

Nov 26, 2008
Macgregor 26s Arlingtion Tn.
Karl ,Sounds like fun in the sun ,take some photos of your adventure and post them for us "Frozen Guys " that only dream of warm weather .This is what it looks like in my neck of the woods.

73s
Lee
KA4ACD

Mar 12, 2008
Tough life but someone has to do it...

Nice trip. Temps there were in the high 70's with blue skies! Not a lot of wind, but a nice time anyway. Sixty meters was hopping as I was able to reach Lake Tahoe and up to Redding near the Oregon border.

Attachments

Nov 26, 2008
Macgregor 26s Arlingtion Tn.
Re: Tough life but someone has to do it...

Wow , That is some great shots Karl looks like your having all the fun. Thanks for sharing those with us frozen guys well I gotta put another log in the fireplace. Hope to
hear yall on the air soon.

Lee KA4ACD

Mar 12, 2008
We have been having some really great weather this year. And it looks like more to come. Works well for me as the radio works better away from civilization! Too much noise at the dock.

And I vowed to never again live in any place that "wind chill factor" was part of the local weatherman's vocabulary!

Wow , That is some great shots Karl looks like your having all the fun. Thanks for sharing those with us frozen guys well I gotta put another log in the fireplace. Hope to
hear yall on the air soon.

Lee KA4ACD

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I was out yesterday (Sunday) and today. Wind was not that good. Glad you had a great time, Karl. I was listening on Channel 16 to see if you popped up. Did hear some activity from Avalon. I think it was from there.

I'm not too use to the winds here. When can I expect the winds to pickup and last a little longer than 2 hours?

Mar 12, 2008
Hey Brian,

The CG Auxilary was doing radio checks from Oceanside on Saturday and Sunday. We could hear them passing everyone over to 9, so we could have heard you. Give a shout next time. Our typical trip is we leave early for Catalina to get over, but hang out as late as we can over there. So we usually don't start back until around 1000 Sunday.

And to answer your question, there will be little or no wind or way too much wind. and it won't matter because it will always be on your nose regardless of the direction you want to head.

I was out yesterday (Sunday) and today. Wind was not that good. Glad you had a great time, Karl. I was listening on Channel 16 to see if you popped up. Did hear some activity from Avalon. I think it was from there.

I'm not too use to the winds here. When can I expect the winds to pickup and last a little longer than 2 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.