Giselle of Iken Challenger 1962 gets makeover

Mar 12, 2017
Alden Challenger Bucklers Hard, Solent, UK
Giselle just spent a couple of months in Berthon, Lymington getting a well needed full paint job on the outside. Berthon were as good as promised.
She now looks stunning. We have gone duck egg blue. Here she is in her berth at Bucklers Hard marina on the Beaulieu River.
My father, Wilfrid Stoddart owned her since 2000 and passed her to me on a few years ago.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
She is looking good. She looks happy resting there. But I sense she wants to untie the lines and show off her new colors. Fair winds....

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Giselle just spent a couple of months in Berthon, Lymington getting a well needed full paint job on the outside. Berthon were as good as promised.
She now looks stunning. We have gone duck egg blue. Here she is in her berth at Bucklers Hard marina on the Beaulieu River.
My father, Wilfrid Stoddart owned her since 2000 and passed her to me on a few years ago.
That's a wonderful topsides color, Hamish. She looks great! I see Giselle of Iken was finished by the Field yard. Every finisher has subtle differences in their work. I find that aspect of the Challengers, very interesting. If you have any more photos or info about the boat, it would be appreciated.

I was googling the marina you're in. Just off the Solent, it looks like a great sailing location. Will you keep the boat there?

Thank you!

CaravelaofExe

Alden Forum Moderator
Jan 24, 2006
Alden Caravelle 42 / Northern European waters
You said it - she looks stunning! I still have her in Ardrossan, Scotland in my Listing post! OK if I change that to Beaulieu River? Have you ever crossed paths with 949U, Prion, based in Cornwall?