Getting some love from the team at Concordia

May 4, 2015
Wind Song (a Caravelle) at Concordia today getting some love from the Varnishing Team, looking great, thanks guys!. This winter a few projects getting completed. Namely a Holding Tank, Significantly upgraded Bilge Pump, Bilge pump controller w/ independent high high level alarm, LPG alarm auto shut off, victron battery monitor, new deep cycle lead-acids, Racor Fuel Filter, new SW Strainer, Main Sheet Travler and block set up at the helm, new wheel-picked up a nice 32" dia one off ebay. New hand pumps for the refer and potable water I got from my mate at Imtra, That is it for the budget this year. Next year, new boom and Muir vertical capston windlass, perhaps some B&G instruments and an auto pilot........$$$$$

Attachments

SKraft

Oct 15, 2010
Lloyd,

Windsong is looking great. One of the best things about Windsong, besides being a Caravelle, is she is totally original and hadn't been muddled up. Sounds like are will be a fine custodian. From experience, you may want to ask Concordia to check the seam where the wooden coach meets the glass deck while they have her in the shed. Looking forward to sailing together.

If you are planning on staying in the Buzzard's Bay this coming summer, Anne and I will have Bounding Home in the area over the first two weeks of August. Right now, I've penciled in Cutty or Menemsha Bight for July 31st, Tarpaulin Cove for August 1st, Edgartown for the 2-4th, Nantucket for August 5-7, Vineyard Haven on the 8th, Hadley Harbor on the 9th, Padanaram on the 10th of August, Westport on the 11th, Third Beach or Newport on the 12th and back to Stonington on the 13th. They made me Cruise Chair for 2016 so I get to set dates and destinations. (Tom Young - you have written about Lake Tashmoo - can I get my 5'10 draft in there without too many headaches and the rising tide? The last time I tried was 30+ years ago in a boat that only drew 4'8" and I still found the bottom :shock:)

Enjoy the restoration process and have a happy and healthy holiday season.

Scott Kraft

May 4, 2015
Scott,

Thanks, I will see what I can do with my work schedule to join this cruising schedule. In regard to the seam along the cabin sides, i have seen some of the sealing work there, I think by Tom Young. I have not had any leaking from this location, but will have them take a look. However the deck/cabin side seam is covered with a bit of 1/4 round strip, that I believe is helping seal this seam, looking at a picture on Bounding Home I did not see it, but could be mistaken? Perhaps this is the solution?!

BR

Lloyd