Gee, I dunno

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Of course!
Even if that's not where your boat is. ;)
You never know if that lightning bolt might have a quantum twin that just happens to strike wherever your boat is.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Last edited:

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
If you think it's close, always check. Two years ago, I was next door working on a neighbor's project truck when a huge lightning strike occurred. We thought nothing of it and went back to work. Five minutes later my phone rings and one of the neighbors says my house is on fire. Boat was in the basement. Fire department got there and put it out before it made it down to the boat. Just a little soot, and a lot of water (but boats are ok with water). Had the neighbor not called me, or about five more minutes elapsed before firemen got there, my boat would have been part of the rubble.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Boat saved... House not the best from wear.
WOW. Hope the insurance was adequate to recover the home.

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
For you guys contemplating retirement plans, make sure NOT to include a house fire.

I had just retired and was ready to do some sailing. My insurance agent was there while the fire department was putting it out. He had the roof tarped as soon as the fire department left. Plenty of Coverage - thanks to my agent. I did military design/construction for 33 years, so it was a tiny project by comparison - even though it was a total gut to the sticks and rebuild with new roof framing and decking. Threw in a little change for some finish upgrades to make the Admiral happy. Other than losing two years of retirement, and several irreplaceable heirlooms, not a bad experience overall. Learned a lot of stuff about insurance that I never wanted to know, but very pleased with the outcome.

Most importantly, the boat was fine!

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Most excellent. I guess cameras can be retired. Never say never, but the chances of another shot like that are probably seriously diminished.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice Image and congrats on the short timer status. May it come to be quicker than you think.