Gear oil level

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Curt

I just got a 1996 336 and love it so far, but it has only been 2 days. I am sure I will have many questions. First thing I ran into was a dip stick in the gear case which has no hi-lo level. Does anyone know if the small line at the very bottom is the level? Mine barely wets the bottom of the stick. Manual doesn't show it.

B

Bob Peters

correct!

Hi Don, Yes, the line near bottom of stick is full marker, according to surveyor that went over the boat with me. I bought my 336 last Fall and I still come up with questions and this is a good place to ask them. Happy Huntering, Bob

K

Ken Palmer

Agree... Make sure you......

Screw the dip-stick all the way in to get the correct measurement. Ken, S/V Liberty

P

Paul Akers

Check that, Ken

All due respects, Ken, but my Yanmar manual (3HM35F) says not to screw the dip stick all the way in to check the fluid level. Just drop it back to rest on the threads and take your reading from there. It's possible different models have different requirements. Be careful not to overfill the unit.

D

Don Curt

Thanks for help on gear oil

Appreciate all the response. WOW! I will fill to the line at bottom. It is just surprising since the line is less than 1/4 inch above the bottom of the stick. Don

Status
Not open for further replies.